Vaginal Dryness & Laxity
Vaginal Dryness & Laxity occurs when the tissues of the vagina are not well lubricated, resulting in pain and discomfort. This can be caused by aging, hormonal changes, childbirth, breastfeeding, medication, surgery or stress.
Common symptoms include painful intercourse, soreness, bacteria and yeast infections, light bleeding after intercourse and low sexual desire. Treatment starts with improving the circulation of the pelvic floor and relaxing the pelvic floor muscle group.
Vaginal Dryness & Laxity or VDL occurs when the tissues of the vagina are not well lubricated and healthy.
Common symptoms include:
- Pain or discomfort during intercourse
- Bacterial or yeast infections
- Soreness, itchiness or burning of the vagina
- Light bleeding after intercourse
- Low sexual desire
Common causes of VDL are:
- Changes in hormones
- Menopause or Perimenopause
- Cigarette smoking
- Excessive stress
- Rigorous exercise
- Immune system disorders, such as Sjögren syndrome
- Some cancer treatments, such as radiation to the pelvis, hormone therapy, or chemotherapy
- Surgical removal of the ovaries
Who is this treatment for?
How is treatment done?
Is treatment painful?
How soon can I see results?
Orchard Clinic is a specialised centre combining advanced medical technology and physical conditioning to help clients achieve healthy, pain-free lifestyles.