Pelvic Organ Prolapse
Pelvic organ prolapse can be caused by:
- Weak pelvic floor muscles
- Pregnancy or childbirth
- Repetitive heavy lifting
- Chronic cough
Common symptoms of pelvic organ prolapse include:
- A heaviness in your vagina or rectum
- A bulge in the vagina that you can see or feel
- Discomfort during sexual intercourse
- Groin or lower back pain
- Difficulty peeing or passing stool
- Frequent urinary tract infections
Mild cases of pelvic organ prolapse can be managed with non-surgical treatment:
Activation of the pelvic floor muscles to strengthen and rebuild the muscles supporting the pelvic organs.
Targeted exercises focused on the pelvic floor which might be overly contracted or weak.
Orchard Clinic is a specialised centre combining advanced medical technology and physical conditioning to help clients achieve healthy, pain-free lifestyles.